|ROUTE 66 CAR CLUB MEETING
October 2nd, 2016 Debbi Bennett Route 66
Cruisers Car Club Secretary.
Route 66 Cruiser Meeting Minutes
Pizza Hut, October 2, 2016
Dwayne Caldwell called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m. Jerry Henry led the Pledge of Allegiance and opening prayer.
Debbi Bennett read the minutes. A motion to accept as read was made by Ken Metzinger and seconded by Jerry Henry. No one opposed and the motion was accepted.
The Treasurer’s report was given by Debbi Bennett, who is now the temporary Treasurer. Dick McGuire stepped down due to other commitments. A motion to accept as was made by Jerry Henry and seconded by Jim White. No one opposed and the motion was accepted.
Teal Club T-shirts for sale, will be at Hodges Computers after meeting.
Car Show was a success, there were 20 other car shows in the area.
Ideas to enhance next year’s show:
· Bags for T shirts sales (ask retailers for their advertising bags)
· More bottled water, if we are going sell it next year.
· No police escort – why?
· Too many fire trucks, better positioning next year. No one to dunk in the dunk tank, there was a mix up in the Fire Department. Dwayne has details who to contact next year.
· Early comers didn’t get to park were they wanted to park. Our policy is to park in sections so they are easier to judge. We may need a statement on the flier stating that there is assigned parking to guarantee you get to be judged. We also had vehicles parked that were not registered
· Too many dash plaques
· Maybe Bill Holden’s last year, he may opt out.
· Cub Scout Pack #312 was there selling popcorn and stepped up with presenting the colors.
· Paul did a great job as MC. We need to make sure that the vendors list contains the name and product of the vendors.
· Thanks also to Pam Hodges for writing Thank you notes for Silent Auction. Sharon Caldwell sent out thanks for guests who collected 50/50 pot. Sharon Caldren sent one to Walgreens for water.
· No banners were posted – need banner committee
· Trailer needs to be at the pavilion earlier.
· Thunder Birds were good workers, we need more detailed plans for them next year. If you have a picture of them please forward to Dwayne
· Music was too loud in the pavilion
· Schedule of events needs better posting and followed
· Vendors were in the parking areas and parking in vendor area – maybe we should stripe or rope off vendor area. Pay by area not by vendor to control space.
· We had 5,000 cars came through.
· Lindell thanked all the judges, but needs more next year
· We had people who missed the Cruise In spot, still consider moving venue next year
Robert Bean from Great Bend Kansas won the SWA tickets. For some reason the e pass numbers didn’t print off on the certificates. Sharon had the original email and forwarded them and all is good. He is heading to Puerto Rico.
Special thanks to all the volunteers.
We need good quality people to run for office, may need a Vice President and Treasurer.
We will have more information on the fall foliage tour via email.
October 6th meet at Will Rogers for the Route 66 Tour at 1:30.
Toy Run October 29th, leaving at 9:00 from Cedar Point
Taco Tuesday October 11th.
NeMar Cruise Ins over for the year
Veterans Day Parade November 11th at 11:00, it is a Friday.
Will Rogers Day Parade Sunday, November 6th at 2:00.
Claremore Christmas Parade is the evening of December 10th. The Barr’s have offered their truck as a float in the parade. A decorating committee of Pat and Anita was formed. We can decorate in the Barr’s heated shop.
Christmas party will be Friday, December 9th 6:00 p.m. at the Senior Center. There will be a gift exchange. Please bring a $15 gift, girls bring a gift for girls – boys bring a gift for boys. The Dutch Pantry will be the caterer. It will be $5.00 per person with the club picking up the rest of the cost.
We will be considering a liability insurance for the Board. The cost is about $600.
Next meeting will be November 6th. We will be discussing the donations from the profits of the Car Show.
Jerry Henry made a motion to adjourn, Jim White seconded, the motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 6:00.