January 8, 2017 - Debbi Bennett Route 66 Cruisers Car Club Secretary.


Route 66 Cruiser Meeting Minutes

Pizza Hut, January 8, 2017

Dwayne Caldwell called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.  Jerry Henry led the Pledge of Allegiance and opening prayer.

Debbi Bennett read the minutes.  A motion to accept as read was made by Nick Carter and seconded by James Rigler. No one opposed and the motion was accepted.  

The Treasurer’s report was given by Debbi Bennett.  A motion to accept as was made by Nick Carter and seconded by Jerry Henry.  No one opposed and the motion was accepted.

Old Business

Philbrook – Route 66 Day.  April 18, 2017. This is a gathering open to the public to determine what the public would like to do to  promote Route 66. 

Starbirds – Will be February 17, 18 & 19.  Paul Richards will be heading up our participation.  Dwayne will notify Starbirds that we will be there.  There is discussion that Starbirds will have more classes than last year. Dwayne stated that we would enter the trailer to display with the club.

Membership dues are due now. 

Next month’s meeting will be February 12th due to the Super Bowl.

New Business

Car Show will be September 29th and 30th.

Registration will be at Claremore Lake instead of NeMar Center.  The Hamburgers / Hot Dogs will also be there.   The Claremore Fire Department will take over the cooking both Friday and Saturday.  The Firemen are asking the Women’s Rotary to assist them.  We will continue to support the Shiners with our proceeds. Dwayne will meet with the Fire Fighters union to discuss what is expected.   

Dwayne will be working with the city to develop a cruise for Friday.  The cruise should be about 30 – 45 minutes.

Barbara Kelsey and Sharon Coldren will chair the craft show.

Paul Kelsey will chair the food vendors.

Scott Youtsey, our t-shirt vendor, would like suggestions on our Ten Year Shirt.  He would like it to be special for this anniversary year.

Our craft vendors and food vendors fees will be $35.  No extra charge for electric.  We will do our best to have vendors paid ahead of time.  No same day entries.  Form should include deadline information.  This will help to layout vendors and possibly do ahead of time.

Dwayne is looking at having a stage for the Pin Up Contest instead of a flatbed.

Shelters at lake have already been reserved for both 29th and 30th.

Dwayne will be work with the lake to see if we can allow vendors park overnight at the lake.

The ThunderBirds and some Firemen are expected to help with parking this year.

We have purchased a program for judging the car show.  We need people to look at it to see how much work and time it will take.  It is a data base program, which will help speed up the judging process.  It will also print the window stickers.

We will need to discuss the times for registration.

We also need to discuss length of Pin Up Contest. 

Last year we had too many dash plaques.  We will need to work on a solutions for number of plaques.  In the past we have put the previous year best of show on the plaque. This year it will match our T-shirts and posters.

Paul Richards asked about interest in a calendar for the club.  The cost to members will be just the cost of producing the calendar.  Rob Barr will assist Paul with details.

On FaceBook we have a club page that is only visible to members.  Sharon Caldwell is the administrator and has sent each member an invite to join the page.  If you don’t have the invite you can ask to join online.  It is Rt 66 Cruisers.

Jerry Henry motioned to adjourn and Nick Carter seconded.  Meeting adjourned at 6:00.